- Firm Overview
- Practice Areas
- Idea Power™
Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy
A Fresh Financial Start Through
Bankruptcy or Financial Restructuring
Seiller Waterman's bankruptcy and financial restructuring group is one of the largest in the region. Through decades of representing debtors, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, financial institutions, committees and bankruptcy trustees, as well as sellers and purchasers of financially distressed businesses, we have become known as the go-to firm for financial workouts and bankruptcy representation.
Whether it involves complex consumer or business restructuring or prosecuting or defending bankruptcy litigation, our attorneys have handled every facet of this area of practice.
We provide counsel and advise:
- To debtors/borrowers in need of financial restructuring with lending institutions or other creditors
- Pre-petition for individuals and businesses contemplating the filing of a petition in bankruptcy
- For debtors and debtors in possession under all chapters of the Federal Bankruptcy Code
- In structuring transactions with regard to bankruptcy considerations
- Regarding relevant alternatives and strategies when dealing with financially troubled third parties
- To secured, partially secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases and other proceedings in federal bankruptcy courts throughout the country
- To asset-based lenders and real estate lenders about foreclosures, workouts and restructuring outside bankruptcy, including structuring and implementing asset swaps, asset sales and new, additional or restructured debt financing or investment
- To lenders in providing debtor-in-possession and plan financing in Chapter 11 cases
- To shopping center and office building developers and managers in tenant and department store bankruptcy and reorganization cases
- To student loan guarantors in claims and plan objections as well as non-dischargeability actions
- As special counsel for debtors-in-possession, trustees and creditors' committees for labor and employment, medical, technology, litigation, intellectual property, tax, real estate, securities and general corporate law issues
- Concerning stays against lien enforcement, setoffs, preferences, fraudulent conveyances, leveraged buyouts, equitable subordination, lender liability and assumption or rejection of leases and executory contracts
- To buyers of businesses in bankruptcy reorganizations or debtors-in-possession in selling businesses both commonly referred to as Section 363 sales
From our office in Louisville, the attorneys of Seiller Waterman LLC represent clients in Kentucky, southern Indiana, throughout the nation and around the world. To arrange a consultation with one of our lawyers, please call: 502-584-7400, or e-mail the firm.
This law firm provides services for Bankruptcy Relief.
Under Federal Law we are designated as a Federal "Debt Relief Agency".
We help people file for Bankruptcy Relief under the Bankruptcy Code.