Phone: (502) 371-3538
James M. Gary is a member of the Litigation Practice Group of the firm and has been in practice for over 42 years. Mr. Gary focuses his practice primarily in the areas of general civil litigation, insurance defense, medical negligence, and products liability defense. He has been involved in a wide variety of litigation work, including statewide defense of product-based claims and asbestos-related claims. He has also handled personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Mr. Gary served as mayor of Brownsboro Village from 1985 through 1989. He is currently on the Board of Directors of Treyton Oak Towers (The Third & Oak Corporation).
Mr. Gary is a member of Walnut Street Baptist Church and has served on its financial control, Foundation, and personnel committees. He also serves as a deacon and Sunday School teacher for the church.
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell distinguished rating of AV Preeminent.
- Was named by Kentucky Monthly as a Super Lawyer in the area of personal injury defense: products, 2007-2010.
- Was named in Louisville Magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in health care law, litigation, products liability, and toxic torts, 2008, and in construction law, occupational disease, and toxic torts, 2009. The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, in the areas of health care law, litigation, products liability and toxic torts, 2008, and in the areas of construction law, occupational disease and toxic torts, 2009.
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1979,
- Vanderbilt University, 1975
- General Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Products Liability Defense
- Healthcare Claims Litigation