Phone: (502) 371-3502
Michael E. Lannon is a member of the estate planning group of our firm and has over twenty-five years of tax, estate planning, business formation, and business operations experience. He represents publicly-held companies, closely-held companies, banking institutions, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other business entities in the process of formation, private offerings, ongoing operations, restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions. He also negotiates and drafts contracts for business entities and represents them in tax planning as well as in tax controversies before state and federal authorities, U.S. Tax Court, and federal district courts. Additionally, Mr. Lannon has extensive experience in estate and tax planning for individuals.
He has lectured at seminars on tax, estate planning, and other business-related legal issues and has authored articles on tax-related subjects. He has also represented many nonprofit organizations in formation, operations, and joint ventures with for-profit organizations.
Mr. Lannon currently serves on the Board of Directors of Volunteers of America as well as the Board of Directors of Boys and Girls Club of Kentuckiana.
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell distinguished rating of AV Preeminent.
- Was named in Louisville Magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in in the areas of banking law, corporate law, taxation, and trusts and estates, 2008, and in the areas of banking law, estate planning, and trusts and estates, 2009. The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Louisville Bar Association (Chair, Tax Committee, 1984)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Foundation (Member, Tax Counsel, 1995)
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Notre Dame, 1969,
- St. Ambrose College, 1966
- Taxation Defense and Appeals
- Trusts and Estates
- Corporate Law